Saturday, December 29, 2012

29th of December Resolution

2012 has been an interesting year. I very rarely make new year resolutions and if I do, I don't ever manage to follow through.
So I am making a 29th of December resolution. Realistically I started this yesterday.
I have, for as long as I remember, always second guessed what I was doing. At times I think I am doing something wrong, won't start something or quit half way through because I see no real point to what I am doing.

Even while painting yesterday I had to consciously force myself to continue. Because in my mind there is no real worth of making mail art. It could possibly make the recipient happy & it is a relaxing activity, but realistically there is no real worth to it. It doesn't help me with uni, doesn't help me with work, and although it affords me creative time with my children, I wonder if I should be doing something more productive with them. That thinking spreads over other aspects of my life as well. I should be doing more reading, why bother. Should be replying to letters, why bother. Should probably clean the shed, why bother. Even while writing this I have stopped a number of times and questioned why I would put this out online.

So I am starting to make small steps to change this way of thinking from today (though technically yesterday).
So to my 4 followers, I will endeavour to do more creative things and update the blog more regularly.
Off to research ways to fit in art while working a full time job ^-^

Also planning on adding a simple list each time I send out a letter at the very least. Will list pictures if I remember to take one.

2 comments:

  1. I think that's an awesome goal! =) As an artist I often struggle with purpose... what practical reason do I have to create? There is none. But it is still good, in and of itself.

    So, I think you've made a great decision. Also, I'm subscribed to you, just not through Google. So you have five confirmed followers. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi new follower :P
      Thank you for the words of encouragement.
      Sometimes I think I am putting something out there that is worth reading, other times I just want to delete it & hope no one took a screen shot.

      Delete